View More posts

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

  

HOW_TO_INSTALL_GRUB_BOOTLOADER_MANUALLY_IN_LINUX_|_INSTALLING_GRUB_BOOT-LOADER_|_-_BIGBRAR
In my recent YouTube video i installed Windows 10 on my 2GB RAM, 12 year old PC, and it didn't go very well, my PC crashed straight 2 times in a row after while i was using windows 10, i was not even screen recording, so there was not much hell of a load on my PC but still, when i tried to open the Microsoft Edge web browser to surf the internet my whole pc just crashed in an instant without any warnings, it was like someone has cut off the power supply but that was not the case...

WHY INSTALL THE GRUB BOOT-LOADER ?

In my case, i was using Bodhi Linux on my pc as the main operating system and one day I installed Windows 7 on the other side of partition to make it work alongside my linux, but as we all know what would have happened next, my GRUB BOOT-LOADER got overwritten by SOC Firmware BOOT-LOADER, as a result I became unable to access my Linux. The GRUB BOOT-LOADER shows option to boot through Windows but the Windows BOOT-LOADER don't show the option to boot into Linux. Your problem may be different but the solution is the same just install GRUB BOOT-LOADER...

HOW TO INSTALL GRUB BOOT-LOADER MANUALLY ?

In order to install GRUB BOOT-LOADER manually you need some things settled up. The only thing you need is to make a Bootable usb-drive  of any linux distro. And after that just watch this video. 

Commands - 

  
    sudo mount [linux disk name] /media
    sudo mount --bind /dev /media/dev
    sudo mount --bind /sys /media/sys
    sudo mount --bind /proc /media/proc
    sudo chroot /media
    cd home
    grub-install /dev/sda
  
There you have it, this is how to install GRUB-BOOTLOADER manually

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib